HOW DO I ENTER WORLD'S LONGEST JUMPER COMPETITION?
1. Jump, Measure and Post Video to TikTok or Instagram (as an example, watch Isaac Grimes Instagram post)
2. Post with 3 Required Hashtags:
• #U16 or #U20 or #Elite or #Masters
• #[5.34]m where the number is the distance jumped in meters or feet
WHEN CAN I ENTER?
Between 8PM EST, Wednesday, July 14, 2021 through Midnight EST, Wednesday Aug 3, 2021
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Everyone, worldwide, above 13 in 4 categories: Under 16, Under 20, Elite (Pro or World-Class), Masters (over 30, non-Elite)
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
• $25,000 Cash (U.S. Dollars) - for Elite category only, due to eligibility restrictions ($10,000 each for first place, Male & Female, and $2,500 each for Second place, Male & Female)
• $25,000 (retail value) in Prizes
• Official World 1 League World Ranking
• Bragging rights
• The athlete/entrant can’t break the vertical plane of the take-off line
• There are no limits on number of attempts
• There are no limits on number of Instagram or TikTok postings using the #World1League hashtag.
• From the end of the take-off line to the first break in the sand.
• Both measurement and measurement tape must be shown on video
VIDEO SUBMISSION RULES:
Use 3 Hashtags
• #U16 or #U20 or #Elite or #Masters
• #[5.34]m where the number is the distance jumped in meters or feet
• Leaderboard for each gender and age category at world1league.com/rankings-long-jump
• Only valid videos will be eligible (path to validation in T&C)
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR ENTRY FEE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR ENTRY FEE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
By participating in a Contest, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read and shall be bound by these Official Rules and any and all other terms and conditions relating to a Contest. In the event you do not agree to be bound by these Official Rules, your sole remedy shall be to not participate in the Contest and/or to withdraw and discontinue your participation in a Contest. You expressly agree and acknowledge that any and all dispute between you and World 1 League regarding the offering of a Contest and/or your participation in a Contest shall be resolved in accordance with the provisions contained herein.
The Contests are not endorsed by, associated with, or sponsored by TikTok, Instagram or Facebook, or any of the foregoing’s members, partners, representatives or employees.
1. Submission Period: World 1 League Corporation (“World 1 League”) "Long Jump Hashtag Challenge" Contest ("Contest") entry period commences at 8 pm EST on July 14, 2021 and ends at midnight on August 3, 2021.
2. How To Enter: Eligible participants must post a video of themselves completing a Long Jump, and post the video to TikTok or Instagram with the following #tags:-- #world1league-- #U16 (15 years old or younger)
-- #U20 (19 years old or younger)
-- #Elite (20 years old or above)
-- #Masters (35 years old or above)-- #Results in meters or feet
Eligible Participants must:
-- be above the age of 13. Age is based on the date of the participant's submission.
-- post an appropriate video to Instagram or TikTok depicting the participant completing the event as outlined above.
-- deliver the submission prior to the end of the Submission Period in accordance with the method described in Section 2, above.
Upon completion of the Posting Period, the participant(s) who has the best performance as determined by World 1 League, in its sole discretion, will be deemed the winning entries (each, a “Winner”). The Winners will be announced within 24 hours of the official challenge deadline.
Posts that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate content as determined by World 1 League, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be published or considered. World 1 League makes the final determination as to which Posts are eligible to take part in this Contest and may be considered for inclusion. World 1 League reserves the right to reject any and all Postings which it believes may infringe on the rights of any third parties or do not comply with these Official Rules, in its sole discretion.
3. Eligibility: Eligible participants must be 13 years or older as of the date of entry. Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees), officers, and representatives of World 1 League, and its parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Each Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and World 1 League's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All participants who are considered a minor in their state/province of residence must have his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to participate in this Contest.
Potential prize winners may be required to provide proof of age or country of residency if requested by World 1 League. Use of any automated system and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or contest service) to participate is prohibited and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked and will result in disqualification. World 1 League is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified.
4. Prize: Each Winner shall receive a prize as listed for the Contest, and in the case of cash prizes, the value is in U.S. Dollars. In the case of non-cash prizes the value is an approximate retail value in U.S. Dollars. World 1 League will not replace any Prize that is lost, stolen or used without permission. Prizes are accepted “as is” and all Prize details are at the sole discretion of World 1 League.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at World 1 League’s sole discretion. World 1 League reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason. Prize will be awarded “as is” without any warranties, guarantees or representation of any kind, expressed or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of safety, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
Odds of winning depend on the number of entries for the applicable Contest.
5. Grant of Rights To World 1 League:By entering the Challenge, each participant hereby agrees that:
a. By receipt of any Prize, Winner agrees to release and hold harmless World 1 League and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent companies and its officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt, use, nonuse or misuse of any Prize.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in cellular networks, phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if it is possible.
6. Contest Terms of Entry: As conditions of entry into this Contest and by Posting a video to Instagram or TikTok, each participant represents and warrants that his or her entire Submission: (i) has been legally obtained or created; (ii) does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party or violate applicable laws, regulations or network standards.
7. Limitations on Liabilities; Remedies:
By entering a Challenge, the participant agrees that:
a. any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with their Entry will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action;
b. any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual third-party, out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will attorneys' fees be awarded or recoverable;
c. under no circumstances will the participant be permitted to obtain any award for, and participant knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, consequential or special damages, lost profits and/or any other damages;
d. the participant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief; and
e. the participant will indemnify, defend and hold harmless World 1 League and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, licensees, and assigns, and each of its respective directors, officers, agents, equity holders and employees, from and against any and all claims, losses, costs, damages, liabilities and costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) which arise out of Participant's performance hereunder, or any breach of any of the promises, covenants, agreements, obligations, representations or warranties set forth herein.
8. General Conditions: No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by World 1 League in its sole discretion. Any difference between stated approximate value of prize and actual value of prize will not be awarded. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their prizes and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the stated value of the Prize. Any portion of the prize not accepted by a winner will be forfeited. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, World 1 League reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, World 1 League reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Website; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any property or service, or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. World 1 League reserves the right to require a potential winner to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring the World 1 League into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by World 1 League in its sole discretion. World 1 League reserves the right to implement policies and procedures as may be necessary to enforce compliance with this limit or with any other element of these official rules. Winners (or a winner’s parent or qualified legal guardian if winner is under the applicable age of majority) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, or other documentation required by World 1 League. World 1 League reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by World 1 League in its sole discretion. World 1 League reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, World 1 League reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. World 1 League’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
9. Miscellaneous: The construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Participant acknowledges that World 1 League may nonetheless (1) seek to obtain injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to enforce the provisions of these Official Rules and/or; (2) bring an action in court to protect or interpret any of World 1 League's purported intellectual property rights. Participant will execute any documents and do any other acts as may be reasonably required by World 1 League to further evidence or effectuate World 1 League’s rights as set forth in these Official Rules and participant appoints World 1 League as their attorney-in-fact (which appointment is irrevocable and coupled with an interest), with full power of substitution and delegation, but only to execute any and all such documents, or perform such acts, which Participant fails to execute.
10. World 1 League: 5431 W 104th St, Los Angeles, CA 90045
11. Dispute Resolution: You agree that any claim or dispute at law or equity that has arisen or may arise relating in any way to or arising out of the Contest and/or the Official Rules will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Dispute Resolution section. Please read this section carefully. It affects your rights and will have a substantial impact on how claims you and we have against each other are resolved.
You agree that whenever you have a disagreement with World 1 League arising out of, connected to, or in any way related to the Contest and/or the Official Rules you will send a written notice to the World 1 League (“Demand”). You must send the Demand to the following address (the “Notice Address”): World 1 League: 5431 W 104th St, Los Angeles, CA 90045. You agree that you will not take any legal action, including filing a lawsuit or demanding arbitration, until 20 business days after you send a Demand. If the disagreement stated in the Demand is not resolved to your satisfaction within 10 business days after it is received, and you intend on taking legal action, you agree that you will file a demand for arbitration with the American Arbitration Association (the “Arbitrator”). This arbitration provision limits the ability of you and World 1 League to litigate claims in court and you and World 1 League each agree to waive your respective rights to a jury trial or a state or federal judge. You agree that you will not file any lawsuit against World 1 League in any state or federal court. You agree that if you do sue in state or federal court and World 1 League brings a successful motion to compel arbitration, you must pay all fees and costs incurred by World 1 League in court, including reasonable attorney’s fees. For any such filing of a demand for arbitration, you must effect proper service under the rules of the Arbitrator and notice to the Notice Address may not be sufficient. If, for any reason, the American Arbitration Association is unable to conduct the arbitration, you may file your case with any national arbitration company. You agree that the Arbitrator will have sole and exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute you have with World 1 League. The Federal Arbitration Act allows for the enforcement of arbitration agreements and governs the interpretation and enforcement of the agreement to arbitrate.
You agree that you will not file a class action or collective action against World 1 League, and that you will not participate in a class action or collective action against them. You agree that you will not join your claims to those of any other person. Notwithstanding any other provision in the Official Rules, if this class action waiver is invalidated, then the agreement to arbitrate is null and void, as though it were never entered into, and any arbitration dispute at that time will be dismissed without prejudice and may be refiled in a court. Under no circumstances do you or World 1 League agree to class or collective procedures in arbitration or the joinder of claims in arbitration. World 1 League agrees that we will submit all disputes with you to arbitration before the Arbitrator.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and World 1 League in connection with a Contest, or any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and World 1 League shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Delaware without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
12. Winners List: For a list of all winners of any prize valued at $25 or more, please send your mail your request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to World 1 League: 5431 W 104th St, Los Angeles, CA 90045.
13. RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT WITH PARENTAL CONSENT (“AGREEMENT”)
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in any a Contest (“Activity”) at any time during the Submission Period, you hereby:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that you understand the nature of the Activity and that you are qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. You further agree and warrant that if, at any time, you believe the conditions to be unsafe, you will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) THIS ACTIVITY MAY INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH (“Risks”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by your own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the conditions in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS or SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to you or not readily foreseeable at this time; and you FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES you may incur as a result of your participation, or that of the minor, in the Activity.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE World 1 League, or any individual or company associated with them, their administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, officials, or sponsors (each of the forgoing shall be considered one of the RELEASEES herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON ANY ACCOUNT CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, AND YOU FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT you, or anyone on your behalf, make a claim against any of the Releasees, you WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may be incurred as the result of such claim.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE and CERTIFY THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID, THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.
MINOR RELEASE: (must be authorized by Parent/Guardian for any participant under the age of 18) AND I, THE MINOR’S PARENT AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIAN, UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF THE ACTIVITY AND THE MINOR’S EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES AND BELIEVE THE MINOR TO BE QUALIFIED, IN GOOD HEALTH, AND IN PROPER PHYSICAL CONDITION TO PARTICIPATE IN SUCH ACTIVITY. I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON THE MINOR’S ACCOUNT CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” OR OTHERWISE, AND FURTHER AGREE THAT IF, DESPITE THIS RELEASE, I, THE MINOR, OR ANYONE ON THE MINOR’S BEHALF MAKES A CLAIM AGAINST ANY OF THE RELEASEES NAMED ABOVE, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM ANY LITIGATION EXPENSES, ATTORNEY FEES, LOSS LIABILITY, DAMAGE, OR ANY COST THAT MAY OCCUR AS A RESULT OF ANY SUCH CLAIM.